by Karen Cooper and Tashee Ceballos for KCP Dynamics
Best practices after Go-Live –is an area of customer care that KCP Dynamics’ Training, Support, and Implementation team (TSI) can provide for customers.
TSI specialists are especially well-suited to design and provide specialized best practices training for our clients. There are three reasons you should look to TSI team for best practices training:
- TSI specialists receive training in business practices of our clients and we then reinforce the training between our regional teams to be sure that we all deliver the same message globally.
- TSI specialists work very closely with our ERP users and understand their work issues and style.
- Deep analysis of tickets by the service delivery manager means that repeat areas of the system are identified per location in order to organize and prioritize the best practices training.
If you are a client of TSI and do not span multiple regions of the world or do not have a modified database, standard Best Practices are available for controllers, financial managers, inventory and production managers, and other people using an ERP system. Globally, each specialist on KCP Dynamics TSI team averages 7 years of experience in the software they support.
Usual tips and training for best practices include month-end closing, reconciling GL and subsidiary accounts, year-end closing, foreign-currency reconciliation, modification decisions, and business processes decisions. Improving knowledge and control of the ERP system through training for everyone who relies on the system for their work, improves quality of daily entries and thus allows you to look in depth at any time during the month as well as have quicker month end close. You will be able to rely on the ERP software for daily and long-term decisions.
The customer care after Go Live, follows on the heels of the quality and best practices we follow each step of the way. From gap fit analysis, to design through the development, testing, implementation and customer preparation stages, we follow proven processes and work to establish best practice check points throughout the projects.
In July, our Regional Lead for the Americas was invited by our largest global client to attend and present at their financial meeting in Puerto Rico. 60 controllers, financial managers, and other key users from 10 countries peppered her with questions after each of her two Best Practices presentations and invited her to visit their home countries to train more people.
With the focus on improved month-end close through reduction of errors during the month, better understanding of costing details, and training on closing processes, Tashee presented an overview and step by step instructions to work better in for our clients highly modified database. A sample of her training presentation:
- How to validate the accuracy of costing information.
- Identify when they can fix an issue and when to raise a ticket for KCP TSI Support.
- How to trouble shoot common month-end issues.
- Show client modifications for Journal Imports, Dimension Corrections, Fixed Asset creation and processing.
- Explain Inventory Costing – working with Average costing showing how average cost is calculated by day or by month.
- Standard bank reconciliation in seven steps.
- When-to as well as how-to for reapplications, checking for cost deviations during the month.
How was Tashee able to do this? In her words, “By knowing our client.” In this way, we continue to do what is right for the client … always.