KCP Dynamics was attending Directions EMEA 2017, held in Madrid earlier in October.
During those more than 3 days, we could meet other Dynamics NAV partners as well as see and test the new features of Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 in very interesting sessions and workshops.
Below you can find some notes about the announcements that were done in the Key Notes sessions of Directions EMEA 2017. As an overview, we can say that the future of Dynamics NAV / 365 looks very bright, full of new features and improvements which makes us think that the product continuity over many years is ensured.
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 will be released on December 1st.
- During the spring of 2018, Dynamics 365 “Tenerife” will be released, only for OnCloud version. This is not the final name, “Tenerife” is the code name.It will have the full NAV functionality, in addition of being integrated with all the other Office 365 and Dynamics 365 apps.At the same time, NAV 2018 R2 will be released, for the OnPremise installations as we have now.
- From then on, both OnPremise and OnCloud Dynamics NAV versions will be the same product, called Dynamics 365 “Tenerife” at this moment, because “Tenerife” is code name. Both versions will have the same functionality but will offer different user experience.
Microsoft presented this new Ecosystem, where we could see how all the Microsoft SMB apps are linked and run over the Common Data Service layer, a key component for Microsoft.
During the second day KeyNote we could see a demo example: a bill from the invoicing app in Office 365, which can be seen in the O365 Business Center, where the prices come from the Dynamics 365 Business Logic.
One of the new features is that there will be a wizard to invite your external accountant to connect to your data.
For this reason, Microsoft has created the “Accountant Hub” app for the Dynamics 365 platform, where the accountants can connect to their clients systems and have a Hub where they cans see the accountant information and connect to their client’s apps.
Dynamics 365 “Tenerife” Preview
We had a first look at Dynamics 365 “Tenerife”, the new user experience and some of the new features:
- Import data has been improved, not only for master data, but also documents like balances, invoices, etc.
- RoleCenter change improved, without having to sign out/in.
- Better error handling.
- Dimensional analysis filter.
- New notifications
- Setup in on place. From a single menu, we will find all the setup even from different NAV modules.
- New interactions with Excel, which will allow to edit a journal from Excel.
- Cognitive services
- Posting Groups Setup suggestions.
- Dynamics 365 Sales setup and sync. improvements.
- In-App designer.